No agencies please.
Please note, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
We’re looking for a Marketing Manager to join the team and help us grow our exciting international activities and events, from our annual design competition and gala ceremony, to our partnership activities and year-round engagement.
As a leader within the global packaging design industry, Pentawards works with leading designers from agencies and brands across multiple industries from big names like Microsoft, Diageo, Disney, Kendo Industries, Stranger & Stranger and Design Bridge and Partners.
Reporting to the Head of Pentawards and working closely with the Pentawards team, your main focus will be to plan, manage and implement strategic marketing campaigns for our events and activities, and help the team develop its portfolio of products in line with market needs.
- Development and execution of end-to-end marketing campaigns to drive maximum revenues, subscribers, ticket sales, live event attendees and to generate leads
- Overseeing and in some cases management of plans and activity for social media, newsletters, website content and SEO, data acquisition and segmentation, media partners, sponsor activity, and digital marketing
- Copywriting lead for articles, emails, newsletters and other communications including the bi-annual The Package Design Book created in partnership with Taschen
- Relationship building and in cases account management of top clients and conference speakers, competition entrants and exhibitors to improve market knowledge and to input into development of products and activities
- Responsible for management of digital and print collateral content and design, and signing off design concepts
- Working with multiple stakeholders, from international design agencies and brands to in-house teams in data, design, digital marketing, as well as colleagues from other offices
- Management of PR, digital and partner design agencies across multiple activities
- Presentation of campaign effectivenesss through statistical analysis of activites and events
- Ownership and management of the marketing budget
- Management and development of Senior Marketing Executive
Essential skills and experience
- 1-2 years or more as a Marketing Manager, with management experience desirable
- High competency across of all forms of communication – you love talking on the phone and having face to face conversations, but also have excellent written communication skills
- High attention to detail and strong analytical approach to your work - but balance this with creativity
- Ability to work independently and with confidence to take decisions
- Extremely well-organised, with ability to hit simultaneous deadlines and prioritise under pressure
- Have excellent presentation skills, and able to represent the business at both internal and external events
- An interest in the creative industries and in particular design
- This role will require travel, so must be able to do both domestic and international travel
- Photoshop and video editing skills a bonus, but not mandatory
This is a hybrid role with 3 days working in the Twickenham office.
Please note, you must be a UK resident or already have a working visa to be considered for this role.
Pentawards (owned by Easyfairs)
Created in 2007, the Pentawards is the first and most prestigious worldwide competition, devoted exclusively to packaging design. We have now grown to be a deciated platform dedicated to connecting the packaging design community.
Each year, packaging from around the world is judged by an international jury of 50 highly respected designers, packaging design directors and marketing chiefs from major global brands. This includes; Microsoft, Lego, PepsiCo, Nestle and many more!
There are eight main award categories: Beverages, Body, Food, Branding, Home, Sustainable Design, Student Concepts, Professional Concepts; these are then split into 80 sub categories.
Each year, the Pentawards gala ceremony is held a different city in Europe, Asia or the Americas, at an official ceremony which hosts hundreds of designers from around the world and provides a unique opportunity to meet and exchange ideas.
Who are we?
Easyfairs is the largest privately owned pan-European event company.
We organise and host more than 200 events in 14 countries (Algeria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom) and we manage eight venues in Belgium, the Netherlands and Sweden. Our passion is to bring business communities and communities of interest together. We strive to “easify” the life of our customers and increase the return on their investment of time and money through all-in formulas, advanced technology and a customer-centric approach. The Easyfairs Group employs 700 highly committed talents. Our commitment to excellence has been recognised several times. We were named Belgium’s “Entrepreneur of the Year®” in 2018 and Deloitte has named us a “Best Managed Company” five years running (2019-23). The company is ranked 19th in the list of the world’s leading exhibition companies.
What are we like to work for?
Where talent development and having fun are part of our company values, Easyfairs is a very dynamic and exciting company to be part of, with over 750 lively and energetic team members. We offer not only an exciting opportunity to be part of this epic journey, but also fantastic career development. Working for us is very rewarding. Be ready to be challenged daily, recognised openly, and to be part of an ambitious growth trajectory!
🎂 Birthday day off
🏡 Flexible working as well as hybrid working
🍾 Fully stocked beer & wine fridge in the office
👶 Enhanced family pay (maternity & paternity)
🚲 Cycle to work scheme
🚂 Interest free travel loans
📚 Free online academy to focus on professional development and upskilling
🧠 Specialist external performance coach services available to all employees
🤝 Employee assistance programme
👩⚕️ 24/7 access to our virtual GP service
🏆 Long service awards
💰 Pension as well as offering salary sacrifice
👪 Life cover
🔒 Group income protection
🎉 Regular company socials organised throughout the year
We understand that applicants can be put off applying for a job if they feel they don't fit all of the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills/ experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply! Here at Easyfairs, we are passionate about the power of fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for our team to thrive in. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.