University Placement Year Marketing Internship Opportunities (July 2024-June 2025)
Easyfairs UK & Global – An Award-Winning Event Company!
Are you a dynamic and ambitious university student eager to gain real-world experience in the exciting world of events? Look no further! Easyfairs is offering an incredible opportunity for motivated placement year students to join our team.
During your paid 12-month marketing internship at Easyfairs, you will be exposed to all aspects of a marketing campaign for one or more of our major international exhibitions and work hands-on within the portfolio marketing team.
Your internship will give you a fantastic opportunity to learn everything that it takes to deliver a comprehensive marketing plan to drive thousands of visitors to an event.
At Easyfairs, we pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality events, bringing communities together to learn and be inspired by what the future of their industry has to offer. Our marketing teams are at the very heart of this, shaping the content for the event, the messaging, and promoting it across a wide variety of marketing channels.
Why Join Us?
Hands-On Experience: Gain practical, hands-on experience in a dynamic and fast-paced industry.
Networking Opportunities: Connect with industry professionals, exhibitors, and attendees to expand your network.
Career Development: Access to training and resources designed to support your personal and professional growth during and beyond your internship.
Innovative Environment: Be part of a forward-thinking company at the forefront of the events industry.
Responsibilities will include:
- Execution of tactical marketing plans for both live and online events including advertising, direct mail, email, online and PR campaigns
- Liaising with exhibitors and external agencies, e.g. designers, printers and mailing houses to ensure promotional pieces are delivered on time and within budget
- Ongoing maintenance and development of event websites
- Fulfilment of e-marketing campaigns
- Ensure all media and contra agreements are actioned
- Working closely with members of the sales and operations teams to ensure the relevance and timely delivery of all marketing activity
- Willingness to undertake general marketing administration
Responsibilities and tasks may differ from team to team or be dependent on the event/team in which you are placed.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an undergraduate student studying a relevant degree such as marketing or event management
- Some administrative experience essential, ideally have some marketing communications experience: advertising, direct, digital marketing, etc
- Have a keen interest in digital marketing
- Be a team player – who can also work on their own initiative
- English must be fluent and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be extremely organised and able to multi-task across a number of projects simultaneously
- Ensure attention to detail
- Have a strong drive for continuous improvement
🎂 Birthday day off
🏡 Flexible working as well as hybrid working
🍾 Fully stocked beer & wine fridge in the office
👶 Enhanced family pay (maternity & paternity)
🚲 Cycle to work scheme
🚂 Interest free travel loans
📚 Free online academy to focus on professional development and upskilling
🧠 Specialist external performance coach services available to all employees
🤝 Employee assistance programme
👩⚕️ 24/7 access to our virtual GP service
🏆 Long service awards
💰 Pension as well as offering salary sacrifice
👪 Life cover
🔒 Group income protection
🎉 Regular company socials organised throughout the year
Who are we?
Easyfairs is the largest privately owned pan-European event company. We organise and host more than 200 events in 14 countries (Algeria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom) and we manage eight venues in Belgium, the Netherlands and Sweden. Our passion is to bring business communities and communities of interest together. We strive to “easify” the life of our customers and increase the return on their investment of time and money through all-in formulas, advanced technology and a customer-centric approach. The Easyfairs Group employs 700 highly committed talents. Our commitment to excellence has been recognised several times. We were named Belgium’s “Entrepreneur of the Year®” in 2018 and Deloitte has named us a “Best Managed Company” five years running (2019-23). The company is ranked 19th in the list of the world’s leading exhibition companies.
What are we like to work for?
Where talent development and having fun are part of our company values, Easyfairs is a very dynamic and exciting company to be part of, with over 750 lively and energetic team members. We offer not only an exciting chance to be part of this epic journey, but also fantastic career opportunities beyond your internship/graduation. Working for us is very rewarding. Be ready to be challenged daily, recognised openly, and to be part of an ambitious growth trajectory!
Want to find out more about what we do?
Instagram, TikTok & LinkedIn: @easyfairsuk