From material science to consumer psychology, sustainability to the digital transformation, manufacturing to creative design, multinational brands to innovative start-ups – packaging is a vast and diverse world.
Easyfairs is right at the centre of that world. We organise Europe’s biggest network of events for people involved in creating, developing and manufacturing the packaging that all of us use every day. Through our events, we connect that community; and we help define the future of packaging.
We’re currently working on a range of exciting plans to develop our events and our digital products in order to connect and inspire our community better than ever before. And as part of those plans, we are looking for a Content and Community Manager to join our team based in Twickenham.
The Content and Community Manager is a crucial role within the marketing team for our two market-defining annual UK events: Packaging Innovations & Empack at the NEC in Birmingham; and Packaging Innovations London.
These event brands serve the community that designs, develops and manufactures FMCG products and packaging in the UK. The Content and Community Manager will help us connect with that community year-round; and ensure we deliver content in a range of formats that inspires the community and helps it solve its key challenges .
Reporting to the marketing director and working alongside the marketing manager for the events, the role has three main missions:
- Develop and deepen our relationships with the top influencers in the packaging market – in particular the main retailers and brand owners like Coca-Cola, Unilever, Nestle, Tesco, Sainsbury’s and many more.
- Develop and deliver our event content – recruiting the sharpest speakers, defining topics and formats, and working on event features that will inspire the market and address its key challenges.
- Define and deliver a year-round multi-channel content strategy that will connect and inspire our community –through regular newsletters, surveys, webinars, publications, round tables, social media and more.
All of this will help us to develop and grow our audiences for the events; but more importantly, they will help us fulfil our broader mission to help our communities to innovate and build a better future.
We need someone with a creative approach to content development and the gravitas and charisma to mix it with the most important people in this sector.
This role requires someone with:
- Experience of developing and creating content in a range of formats, possibly as a journalist, conference producer, marketer or PR professional;
- Impeccable copywriting and proofing skills;
- Ability to analyse and understand a wide range of complex issues and express them in simple and engaging language;
- Confidence and curiosity to talk to a wide range of people – on the phone and face to face – and to understand what makes them tick;
- Ability to work independently and confidence in your own editorial judgment;
- Big picture thinking, adaptability and the ability to cope under pressure;
- Great organisation and the ability to juggle multiple deadlines;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Ability to use (or quickly learn) relevant software and systems, such as Microsoft Office, website CMS (we use Wordpress), email marketing platforms, Google Analytics and so on.
Through its mission 'visit the future', Easyfairs is ambitious and driven to provide life-changing events for the communities it serves. With over 220 events, 28,000 exhibitors and 1.2m visitors, across 10 venues and 17 countries, we are one of the fastest growing events businesses in the world.
Where talent development and having fun are part of our company values, Easyfairs is a very dynamic and exciting company to be part of, with over 600 lively and energetic team members across Europe. We offer not only an exciting opportunity to be part of this epic journey, but also fantastic career development. Working for us is very rewarding. Be ready to be challenged daily, recognised openly, and to be part of an ambitious growth trajectory!
Please send your CV and three examples of outstanding editorial or marketing content you have produced – ideally in a range of formats.