Easyfairs is looking for an impactful Assistant Financial Analyst to support our growth journey. The position will predominantly support the Head of FP&A in all aspects of Financial Planning and Analysis across all entities and their events within the Easyfairs UK & Global division. They will be expected to work closely with the other members of the Finance team (Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable) as well as the wider commercial teams providing a service for all things revenue, cost of sales and expenses based throughout the division. We are open to candidates who wish to work part-time or with flexible hours.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Closure of show codes two months post show – including agreeing all revenues, cost of sales and accruals/pre-payments
- Supporting in the preparation and distribution of weekly sales reporting
- Development as superuser of CMT – including full understanding of the CMT process and system, providing support for team queries and providing training for users as necessary.
- Preparation of monthly revenue and cost of sales reconciliations
- Periodic roll over and set up of quarterly forecast, Budget and 3YP files
- Reporting on-site rebooking
- Ensuring on a monthly basis the CMT figures agree to actuals and providing variance analysis on events
- Full ownership and Reporting of non-events (e.g. magazines, subscriptions, etc)
- Collaborate with payroll in checking the monthly commission
- Development of additional ad hoc reports as the need requires
- Ad hoc assistance to the commercial teams on reporting for any show revenue or cost of sale
- Support AP – reporting to the Finance Managers in line with month end timelines ensuring all accounts are correctly reconciled and all reconciling items are cleared on ad hoc basis
This position is largely an analysis role within the FP&A team and also the wider finance team and will have the opportunity to play a key role in the development of reporting and analysis. Over time there may also be the opportunity to gain experience of budgeting and forecasting. All of the above will provide great exposure for further career development.
The ideal candidate for this position would be someone who has begun their accountancy studies (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) and is looking to work through these studies but also with a focus on gaining valuable real life experience.
They should already have some experience of working within a finance department preferably within either FP&A, costings, budgeting or revenue analysis. Experience within the event industry would be an advantage.
This person should be able to demonstrate a skillset of strong curiosity for understanding the drivers behind numbers, an analytical approach, an understanding of reconciliations and desire for continuous improvement changes. Spreadsheet skills are essential as is experience of Financial Systems
This is a challenging role often with ad hoc requirements and requires someone who can work autonomously, accurately and methodically through a task. The successful candidate is likely to present themselves as being well organised, self-motivated, dedicated, meticulous and conscientious. This person needs to be professional, willing to accept responsibility, be results orientated and see themselves as an integral part of the finance and wider business team.
Through its mission 'visit the future', Easyfairs is ambitious and driven to provide life-changing events for the communities it serves. With over 220 events, 28,000 exhibitors and 1.2m visitors, across 10 venues and 17 countries, we are one of the fastest growing events businesses in the world.
Where talent development and having fun are part of our company values, Easyfairs is a very dynamic and exciting company to be part of, with over 700 lively and energetic team members across Europe. We offer not only an exciting opportunity to be part of this epic journey, but also fantastic career development. Working for us is very rewarding. Be ready to be challenged daily, recognised openly, and to be part of an ambitious growth trajectory.
Salary: £28,000-£30,000 (depends on experience)
Closing date for applications: 16 September 2022