After the global slowdown forced by the Coronavirus pandemic, the world is ready to get back to face-to-face events and Easyfairs is already getting back to our huge growth plans that have shaped our trajectory from launch in 2004 to a global top 20 exhibition company. During the last year, we have added many digital products to our portfolio, which are a continuing part of our long-term strategy to serve our communities year-round, and data has never been more important to how we manage our portfolios and contact with our customers.
The data team is therefore at the very heart of the business, and we are looking for a Database Administrator to join the UK & Global support team covering a growing portfolio of events in 5 regions – UK, France, Iberia, Italy and Algeria.
The main focus of this role is to support our event teams by improving the database quality. Working on multiple events and digital products across Europe, you will help improve database quality in a variety of ways, including importing and cleaning data. A candidate for this role needs excellent and consistent attention to detail with the ability to hit deadlines and work under pressure.
It is a very dynamic and exciting team to work with, with some exciting opportunities for driven, energetic and passionate individuals as we grow and create new roles. This placement will be based in our office in Twickenham and report to the Data Manager.
Through its mission 'visit the future', Easyfairs is ambitious and driven to provide life-changing events for the communities it serves. With over 220 events, 28,000 exhibitors and 1.2m visitors, across 10 venues and 17 countries, we are one of the fastest-growing events businesses in the world. More importantly, we offer a fantastic working environment in our Twickenham office and a company culture where talent and success are rewarded – and where having fun is one of our corporate values.
About the role
We are looking for a Database Administrator to join the UK & Global support team covering a growing portfolio of events in 5 regions – UK, France, Iberia, Italy and Algeria.
The Database Administrator will play a key role in improving the quality of our event databases.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Overseeing all data acquisition, enrichment and qualification projects to develop our attendee databases
- Ensure cleanliness of data by removing duplicates, making corrections & enrichment
- Validation, importing, mapping & de-duping of data sources; ensuring the data entry / integration process rules are followed before data import
- Ensuring the data and quality of the data is organised
- Provide the necessary reporting using the existing data sources
- Management and maintenance of opts/preferences, data updates, data deletion and application of GDPR to contacts in all systems
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- A post-graduate or have at least 1 year of administrative experience
- Meticulous and consistent attention to detail, whilst working at speed
- Technical competence and experience in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Ability to hit deadlines and work under pressure
- Clear focus with repetitive tasks
- English must be fluent and possess high standards of communication and organisation
- High levels of energy, a positive attitude and commitment
If you think this is you, please apply with your CV and covering letter detailing how you are perfect for the job.