An exciting opportunity has arisen to be part of a growing portfolio of magazines and events, focused on the medical aesthetic and cosmetic surgery market.
As Acting Deputy Editor (maternity cover) of Aesthetics and Beyond Beauty, as part of Easyfairs, you will join a team producing a monthly educational journal for medical professionals who offer high-end skincare and procedures such as dermal fillers, Botox, body contouring treatments and cosmetic surgery. You will also work across our new quarterly magazine and website for consumers interested in these treatments! And if that isn’t exciting enough, you’ll be involved in the content production for our events – the Aesthetics Awards, Beyond Beauty Live, and ACE and CCR conferences.
If you have a passion for producing factual, engaging content and a love for all things health, wellness and beauty then this is the role for you!
Your role will be to write, report, edit and commission content for the brand, ensuring that all content is editorially sound, clinically and commercially accurate, engaging and useful to our audience of medical professionals and consumers. The position also includes day-to-day production management of the content team. You will be expected to develop relationships with PRs, advertisers and key opinion leaders in the industry and gain a strong understanding and knowledge of the aesthetics market.
- Assisting the acting editor to ensure that the journal content process remains on track throughout the month and that priorities and requirements are communicated to the rest of the team
- Delegating and sharing workload of editorial team to make sure content flows through the team and that the editorial process and standards are upheld
- Working with the acting editor on decisions related to appropriate content
- Managing the advertorial process – writing, proofing, approving and overseeing design of content
- Working with the editor to check and approve advertising to ensure it complies with advertising and pharmaceutical guidelines
- Making improvements and updates to set processes to improve efficiency
- Recruiting and training of new reporters
- Assisting with content-related decisions and activities for the portfolio of events
- Researching, commissioning, writing and editing engaging and educational content for the journal and magazine
- Conducting interviews
- Contributing ideas for content
- Event attendance and reporting
- Building a strong contact base of industry experts and managing third party relationships in a professional manner
- 3-5 years’ experience in a senior journalist/deputy editor role
- Strong editorial skills
- Good understanding of social media and digital content
- Motivation to ensure that all content is delivered on time and to a high standard
- Ability to delegate tasks effectively
- Excellent communication skills and professional conduct
- Impeccable attention to detail and high level of organisation
- Ability to implement and improve upon processes
- Understanding of marketing and commercial aims and strategies
- Previous experience in a medical content and/or beauty content role
Aesthetics and Beyond Beauty, as part of Easyfairs, is a media and event portfolio servicing the medical aesthetics profession and consumers. This exciting market is growing rapidly and our corporate customers include pharmaceutical producers of injectable products, as well as skincare companies and laser device manufacturers.
Aesthetics encompasses a monthly print journal, a strong online and social presence, and three annual events; a glamorous awards ceremony, the Aesthetics Awards, and two leading conferences and exhibitions – ACE and CCR.
Beyond Beauty is an exciting new magazine launch, which aims to enhance the general public’s understanding of aesthetic and cosmetic surgery treatments, build trust in the specialty, and promote positivity; removing the stigma sometimes associated with ‘having a little work done’.
Where talent development and having fun are part of our company values, Easyfairs is a very dynamic and exciting company to be part of, with over 750 lively and energetic team members. Working for us is very rewarding. Be ready to be challenged daily, recognised openly, and to be part of an ambitious growth trajectory!