Technology is at the forefront of our operations and is key to Easyfairs growth and success; becoming one of the fastest growing events business in the world simply wouldn’t be possible without technological innovation and drive from our Marketing Technology team.
If you have a keen interest in events, have a technology- AND people-focused approach and are interested in travelling across Europe to work hands-on in our onsite teams, then keep reading as you may be the marketing technology superstar that we are looking for.
We are on the lookout for a Marketing Technology Manager to cover during the current manager’s maternity leave between February and December 2023. The ideal candidate will lead our marketing technology team and deliver technology support for our marketing systems (registration, surveys, exhibitor portal, smartbadge technology) across a broad portfolio of events and teams, from exhibitions and conferences to awards and media products (full training will be given on all systems).
Reporting to the CMO, and as a key role within the central Marketing Intelligence and Technology team, this position is ideal for an organised, solutions-driven, technology-focused and hands-on person looking take ownership as an internal expert in their field, offering support and best practice to our event marketing teams.
We at Easyfairs are proud to be one of the fastest growing events business in the world! We pride ourselves on offering a dynamic and fun working culture with a focus on developing our employees and recognising their achievements.
The portfolio spans products in multiple and varied industries, and across countries including the UK, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Portugal and Algeria. You will be responsible for:
- End-to-end delivery and support on our registration system, including building registration forms, ensuring effective tracking and data collection, and setting up and running of registration onsite; including best practice question setting
- Set-up of all event surveys, including guiding best practice questions
- Liaising with HQ & event teams to set up event campaigns in internal systems
- Ensuring the delivery of our smartbadge technology, managing the distribution, monitoring, technical trouble-shooting and collection of the kit, as well as ensuring automated delivery of the data
- Providing support, training and best practice for the event teams’ usage of our exhibitor portal, including activating key milestones to ensure smooth automated journeys
You will be motivated by working in a fast-paced environment with the opportunity to make a genuine contribution to the efficient running of our events, and as such feel at home juggling many projects simultaneously and being highly organised with effective planning skills; as well as getting a buzz out of being onsite responsible for the smooth delivery of registration and smartbadge technology.
Sounds exciting, right? Get in touch to find out more - we can’t wait to hear from you!
Is this you?
- 3+ years’ experience in a technology-focused role, or at least sound experience of working hands on with marketing technology systems
- Technically-minded and solutions-driven, able to trouble-shoot technical hitches quickly (or escalate quickly)
- Highly organised and structured in time management and workload planning, able to juggle requirements of 20+ events at any time
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to work collaboratively with marketing and HQ teams to deliver quick and efficient support and solutions
- Ideally interested in the events sector, with a passion to be onsite at the coal-face
- Management experience is preferable, but not essential; what is most important is to be a ‘people person’ with great collaboration and support skills
- Please note, full training will be given on all systems; this is not a highly specialist IT role
What will you get from the role?
- The opportunity to travel to a variety of European destinations across a wide variety of events
- No day is the same, you will benefit from huge variety across different industries!
- Be seen as the regional marketing technology expert
- Support from and collaboration with marketing technology specialists across the Easyfairs group, as well as a team of central marketing specialists within the UK & Global region
- A wide network of working relationships, working closely with marketing teams across 5 offices in Europe
- Talent development, access to training and a great family feel to working life
More about Easyfairs…
Through our mission 'visit the future', we are ambitious and driven to provide life-changing events for the communities we serve. With over 200 events, 22,000 exhibitors and 1m visitors, across 10 venues and 17 countries, we are the world’s largest privately owned exhibition company and one of the fastest-growing events businesses on the planet! More importantly, we offer a fantastic working environment in our Twickenham office and a company culture where talent and success are rewarded – and where having fun is one of our corporate values.
If you think you have what it takes to grow with Easyfairs and share in our exciting future, please apply with your CV, link to your portfolio and covering letter detailing how you are perfect for the job.