Why have we created this new role?
We have a great new role for a driven, energetic and passionate Digital Advertising Executive to further their career in the world’s largest privately owned exhibition company, working across a wide and varied global portfolio of events.
Easyfairs has huge growth plans that have shaped the company’s trajectory from its launch in 2004 to a global top 20 exhibition company. The digital marketing team is at the heart of this growth, and we are delighted to be creating an exciting new role to support new projects and our growing portfolio of events.
There has been huge investment in our digital assets over the past few years to ensure the success of our events and offer more value to our communities. Easyfairs are embarking on a journey to monetise these digital platforms by enabling advertising on them. This is forecast to be a new source of revenue for the company and we have ambitious growth plans.
The Digital Advertising Executive will act as the regional expert ensuring advertising capability is enabled and optimised across our suite of digital assets (namely; websites, email, PPC and social), working seamlessly alongside marketing and sales to enable us to fulfil our vision of generating advertising revenue.
Spanning the UK & Global region this role is linked to the marketing of; exhibitions, conferences, awards and magazines and responsibility will extend to a number of our offices across Europe and Africa.
Based in Twickenham, the role sits within an agency-like central Marketing Intelligence Team and will require excellent stakeholder coordination and communication, producing trackers and regional reports, presented back to the Head of Digital and event marketing teams, and will require getting hands on with the technology and systems to implement advertising.
Reporting to the Head of Digital for Easyfairs UK & Global, this newly created role will have the following key responsibilities:
- End-to-end set-up, testing, implementation & management of all technology to deliver advertising on digital platforms, including websites, emails/newsletters, newsfeed, ad networks, etc;
- Working with Easyfairs HQ, where required, for integration with company systems & platforms.
- Working with the following existing technology; AdSanity, Caboodle, Google Ad Sense, Wordpress, Evessio, Google Analytics, as well as sourcing new complimentary software.
- Creation of templates, advising and guiding event teams on best practice layouts to deliver results; identifying and developing improvements on inventory/advertising options where required
- Set-up of all advertising on digital platforms, liaising with event teams on deliverables
- Training of all event teams on technology, process, systems, etc where required
- Ensuring effective tracking of all advertising, delivering reporting to both advertisers and internally as required
- Be recognised internally as an expert in digital advertising and be followed in his/her recommendation
- Lead on continuous improvement of advertising capability & approaches to drive new revenue opportunities
- Implementing seamless process to increase the efficiency of workflows to deliver advertising
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent communicator with a keen eye for detail.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Highly analytical - ability to drill into data to assess performance and effectiveness.
- University degree in a relevant field
- Preferable: 2+ years’ experience in digital marketing role.
- Experience editing or managing website content and technology is desirable.
- Experience managing email campaigns technology is preferable.
- Experience with some of the following software would be a huge benefit: AdSanity, Caboodle, Google Ad Sense, Wordpress, Evessio, Google Analytics.
- Experience managing multiple brands is desirable.
Through its mission 'visit the future', Easyfairs is ambitious and driven to provide life-changing events for the communities it serves. With over 220 events, 28,000 exhibitors and 1.2m visitors, across 10 venues and 17 countries, we are one of the fastest growing events businesses in the world.
Where talent development and having fun are part of our company values, Easyfairs is a very dynamic and exciting company to be part of, with over 700 lively and energetic team members across Europe. We offer not only an exciting opportunity to be part of this epic journey, but also fantastic career development. Working for us is very rewarding. Be ready to be challenged daily, recognised openly, and to be part of an ambitious growth trajectory.