We are looking for a Business Development Executive (Mandarin speaking) to work with the globally recognised Pentawards on our competition, awards, digital platforms, bi-annual book, festivals, conferences and much more.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to grow within a motivated and friendly team in a highly respected international organisation. Experience in business development, design, competition, and awards is desirable; however, a winning personality is equally important!
- Contribute to China growth strategy in generating, developing, and realising business growth opportunities.
- Build and develop new and existing client relationships to secure business opportunities and increase company revenue in China, whilst looking at further opportunities within the APAC region.
- Report on customer needs, interests and potential for new products and services to the Head of Pentawards and CEO.
- Plan and present strategic business plans which cover relevant goals and objectives of the company.
- Assist in planning international event programmes and tailoring delegate packages. Includes planning China specific events.
- Grow Pentawards’ presence in the APAC region via WeChat and our social media platforms (currently over 155,000 total followers).
- Provide copywriting support across various marketing elements, including updating the Chinese version of the website, editing, and translating press releases, newsletters, and PR copy into Mandarin.
- Identifying and building relationships with key marketing stakeholders year-round, including suitable media partners, jury members, event speakers and contributors.
- Build a strong pipeline of relevant opportunities to deliver against sales targets.
- Account management of sponsors and key stakeholders in the APAC region throughout the year.
- Providing excellent customer service and account management for existing APAC clients during the competition.
- Increasing competition entries from APAC region by building relationships with new design agencies, brands, manufacturers / suppliers.
Skills, experience, and attributes required are:
- Previous successful Business Development experience.
- A background in design competitions and awards is desirable but not essential.
- Fluent in Chinese and English both written and spoken.
- Determination, tenacity, resilience, and assertiveness.
- High standards of communication.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to handle entire sales process from initial contact through to account management. Good track record of sales success.
- Ability to hit deadlines and work under pressure.
- Expert in using software such as; Microsoft Office, Word Press, Microsoft Office & Keynote, Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Other languages would be a bonus but not compulsory.
Founded in 2007, Pentawards is the leading global platform and community for packaging design.
Our mission is to connect and add value to the packaging design community. Our ever-growing community is made up of packaging designers, design students, brand owners and packaging producers.
Each year, packaging from around the world is judged by an international jury of highly respected designers, packaging design directors and marketing chiefs from major brands such as Lego, Amazon, Ikea, Nestle, Moet Hennessey, Colgate, Diageo, Meta, Microsoft, Estee Lauder, PepsiCo, Heineken and many more.
Pentawards is committed to recognising excellence in design, providing a source of inspiration, and connecting people from across the world through its annual competition, gala ceremony, international conferences, digital events, books, social platforms and more.