Do you want to be an integral part of a growing digital team disrupting the status quo of events?
Are you excited at the thought of managing leading brands websites and leading SEO strategies?
We have a great new role for a driven, energetic and passionate Website and SEO specialist to further their career in the world’s largest privately owned exhibition company, working across a wide and varied global portfolio of events.
Easyfairs has huge growth plans that have shaped the company’s trajectory from its launch in 2004 to a global top 20 exhibition company. The digital marketing team is at the heart of this growth, and we are delighted to be creating an exciting new role to support new projects and our growing portfolio of events.
The Website and SEO Manager will act as the regional expert in both channels and enable, across our portfolio of brands, all websites and SEO to work seamlessly together as part of a wider digital ecosystem to enable us to fulfil our vision of developing best in class digital assets.
A successful candidate will ensure we increase website traffic, conversion, dwell time and engagement for each of our websites through a careful balance between brand content and conversion tactics. This individual will possess technical website management experience (WordPress) with the ability to integrate SEO strategies, best practice and planning.
As a part of the UK & Global region you will work with our HQ to roll out new capabilities including; community platforms, subscription technology and payment software. You will also manage domains, cookie messaging software and server migrations. We have multiple exciting brand launches planned and you will lead on the successful launch of all future websites – some required in multiple languages.
This is a “hands-on” technical role but you will also need strong design skills to work to turn concepts into reality. Working closely with the design team to build pages, templates, and a system to ensure consistency across the websites and make it easy for other contributors to update and add new content directly (e.g., page content, landing pages, blogs, news, etc.).
The role will require excellent stakeholder, producing monthly trackers and regional reports, presented back to the Head of Digital and event marketing teams.
Based in Twickenham, the role sits within a central Marketing Intelligence Team and will report to the Head of Digital. The role will span the UK & Global portfolio (territories including; UK, Spain, Portugal, Italy, France and Algeria), covering the marketing of; exhibitions, conferences, awards and magazines.
• Management of existing websites and launch projects.
• Development of website strategies to drive year-on year growth across KPI’s, support marketing campaigns to improve traffic and lead generation - including growing prospects and subscribers.
• Collaborating with key internal staff and management to ensure the website aligns with brand strategy and meets business standards.
• Managing the day-to-da; building & amending pages, troubleshooting and resolving issues & bugs.
• Executing website bi-annual audits, including but not limited to responsiveness & content.
• Working with the marketing team to review and update content as needed.
• Proactively identifying new software/plugins to be used to increase UX and content offering.
• Management of cookie messaging software.
• Management of SEO strategies.
• Generating and implementing SEO recommendations.
• Ensuring web content is appropriately tagged and has correct metadata for SEO.
• Staying at the forefront of competitors’ SEO & SEM strategies and tactics.
• Staying up-to-date with the latest website and SEO trends and tools for improvement of current and future initiatives.
• Working with the Head of Marketing to build out website and SEO targets. Implementing consistent reporting and benchmarking of website and SEO based KPI’s - providing commentary and insights.
• Facilitating digital marketing upskilling sessions across the regional team.
• Building a collaborative relationship with the event teams.
• Leading on best practice sharing sessions for the region.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Strategic individual – with proven experience in website and SEO strategy creation.
• Experience in analysing data, website analytics and SEO performance - recommending improvements.
• Proven experience in rolling out website changes; rebrands, launches, migrations etc...
• Highly analytical - ability to drill into data to assess performance and effectiveness – data driven.
• Experience with Wordpress, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager is essential.
• Experience on the following software is beneficial: Elementor, Wordpress, Memberpress, Moz, SEM Rush, Google Optimise.
• Excellent communicator with a keen eye for detail.
• Strong stakeholder and agency management skills.
• University degree in a relevant field
• 2 – 3 years’ experience in a website associated role.
Easyfairs, the Group, currently organises more than 200 events in 19 countries, enabling communities to “visit the future” at must-attend events that anticipate their needs and present solutions in the ideal format.
If you think you have what it takes to grow with Easyfairs and share in our exciting future, please apply with your CV and covering letter detailing how you are perfect for the job.