From material science to consumer psychology, sustainability to the digital transformation, manufacturing to creative design, multinational brands to innovative start-ups – packaging is a vast and diverse world.
Easyfairs is right at the centre of that world. We organise Europe’s biggest network of events for people involved in creating, developing and manufacturing the packaging that all of us use every day. Through our events, we connect that community; and we help define the future of packaging.
We’re currently working on a range of exciting plans to develop our events and our digital products in order to connect and inspire our community better than ever before.
As part of those plans, we are looking for a Marketing Manager to join our team based in Twickenham.
Reporting to our packaging division’s Marketing & Community Director, the role offers you the opportunity to build a year-round campaign that will launch a new event brand in the international packaging market.
You will be responsible for developing the campaign strategy and messaging, alongside the Marketing Director, to position the event as a leader in its market and deliver strong visitor numbers to the first edition of the event in 2022. Working with a marketing executive who you will manage, and alongside the sales, operations and wider marketing team, you will then be responsible for delivering that campaign.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Development and execution of an end-to-end marketing campaign to drive maximum visitor numbers and revenues
- Planning and management of the marketing budget
- Management and creation of all communications, potentially in multiple languages, across print and digital channels including web, email, PPC, social media, direct mail, advertising and PR
- Management of media partnerships to generate maximum exposure and coverage
- Management of a year-round content marketing programme alongside the event marketing campaign
- Relationship building with the community of buyers, suppliers and associations in order to engage them with the event and our content and help develop our offering
- Delivery of email and social media campaigns through tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud and WordPress
- Management of data plans together with data manager, and keeping abreast of database performance through analysis
- Analysis and presentation of campaign effectiveness through statistical analysis of the events
- Research and propose opportunities for further growth of the event and its portfolio
- Management of marketing executive
For this role, we are looking for a marketer with the ambition and creativity to bring a new brand to life, as well as a great eye for detail and the curiosity to become knowledgeable about the sector.
Ideally, we want you to be able to demonstrate:
- Experience as a marketing manager or senior marketing executive in the events sector;
- Great organisation and the ability to juggle multiple deadlines;
- Impeccable copywriting and proofing skills;
- Both creativity and strong analytical skills;
- Strong language skills – German or French especially – would be a major advantage, alongside native-level English;
- Big picture thinking, adaptability and an ability to cope under pressure;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Ability to use (or quickly learn) relevant software and systems, such as Microsoft Office, website CMS (we use Wordpress), email marketing platforms, Google Analytics and so on.
- Confidence and curiosity to talk to a wide range of people – on the phone and face to face – and to understand what makes them tick;
- The ability to work independently;
- Experience of day-to-day management of other team members would be a plus.
Through its mission 'visit the future', Easyfairs is ambitious and driven to provide life-changing events for the communities it serves. With over 220 events, 28,000 exhibitors and 1.2m visitors, across 10 venues and 17 countries, we are one of the fastest growing events businesses in the world.
Where talent development and having fun are part of our company values, Easyfairs is a very dynamic and exciting company to be part of, with over 600 lively and energetic team members across Europe. We offer not only an exciting opportunity to be part of this epic journey, but also fantastic career development. Working for us is very rewarding. Be ready to be challenged daily, recognised openly, and to be part of an ambitious growth trajectory.
Please send your CV and three examples of creative marketing content you have produced – ideally in a range of formats.