We are looking for a Marketing Assistant to join our growing UK Packaging team which covers two established trade exhibitions in London and Birmingham, an online publication, extensive online community, and digital platform. Excitingly, throughout the pandemic the team has launched many new content initiatives to engage with our audience in a 365 approach. Collectively, our portfolio is unrivalled.
The main focus of this role is to support in the execution of the marketing campaigns promoting both of the trade exhibitions, Packaging Innovations & Empack Birmingham and Packaging Innovations & Luxury Packaging London, as well as supporting on the marketing for the digital platforms. We are looking for someone who has a strong content first approach.
Growth opportunity in this sector and portfolio is exciting, the candidate therefore needs to be ambitious, agile and reactive, with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Through its mission 'visit the future', Easyfairs is ambitious and driven to provide life-changing events for the communities it serves. With over 220 events, 28,000 exhibitors and 1.2m visitors, across 10 venues and 17 countries, we are one of the fastest-growing events businesses in the world. More importantly, we offer a fantastic working environment in our Twickenham office and a company culture where talent and success are rewarded – and where having fun is one of our corporate values.
About the role
We are looking for a Marketing Assistant to work on our renowned packaging portfolio, predominantly focusing on our two trade exhibitions, Packaging Innovations & Empack Birmingham and Packaging Innovations & Luxury Packaging London.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager and working closely with the event and rest of the marketing team, the Marketing Assistant will play a key role in delivering the marketing campaigns for our 2 events and digital initiatives.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Execution of tactical marketing plans for both live and online events including advertising, direct mail, email, online and PR campaigns
- Liaising with exhibitors and external agencies, e.g. designers, printers and mailing houses to ensure promotional pieces are delivered on time and within budget
- Ongoing maintenance and development of event websites
- Fulfilment of email marketing campaigns
- Ensure all media and contra agreements are actioned
- Planning and execution of PPC campaigns
- Actioning a website SEO plan with the digital team and supporting on website audits
- Working closely with members of the sales and operations teams to ensure the relevance and timely delivery of all marketing activity
- Willingness to undertake general marketing administration
- Working on both the visitor-focused and exhibitor-focused marketing campaigns.
- Being the main point of contact and lead on exhibitor – visitor marketing tools.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a post-graduate from marketing / event management
- Some administrative experience essential, ideally have some marketing communications experience: advertising, direct, digital marketing, etc
- Have a keen interest in digital marketing
- You are comfortable working with systems like WordPress, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and of course Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- You thrive on working under pressure and you have the resilience to keep smiling while doing it – and while you love working in a team, you’re also comfortable working autonomously in your own area of responsibility.
- Be a team player – who can also work on their own initiative
- English must be fluent and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be extremely organised and able to multi-task across a number of projects simultaneously
- Ensure attention to detail
- Have a strong drive for continuous improvement
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.